- WHO? WHAT? WHY?
- WHAT OTHERS SAY
- A SELECTION OF RELATED MEDIA, COMMENTARIES & PUBLICATIONS
- DAVID MICHAELS ACCEPTS THE PII MEDIA AWARD 2012 ON BEHALF OF RITA COSBY
- ECONOMY, INVESTMENTS, & GLOBAL ISSUES
- JOHN PERKINS’ LATEST BOOK, THE CHALLENGE OF A BLUEPRINT FOR A NEW GLOBAL ECONOMICS
- MARGARET THATCHER: SOME PERSONAL MEMORIES
- WALL STREET RATINGS AGENCIES THREATENED? STANDARDS TOO POOR?
- HEDGE FUNDS WORLD LATIN AMERICA 2008
- ECONOMIC SOLUTION TO FALKLANDS/MALVINAS DILEMMA
- FORTRESS UN: THE NEW WORLD ORDER & THE FIEFDOMS WITHIN THE UN
- “2001: A SPACED ECONOMY”
- SOVEREIGN DEBT
- STRATEGIC COMMUNICATIONS LABORATORIES
…. During my 18 years as a financial journalist, dealing with international economic problems, and specifically with the problem of Third World debt, I have rarely encountered an individual with such a keen insight into the problems of Third World debt and the relationship of the ‘have and have not’ countries as Mr. Michaels …. Mr. Michaels’ unique ability to analyze complicated economic problems and to explain those problems in an acceptable fashion to the conservative regimes of the banking countries of the North and to the hard-pressed Third World regimes of the South, have made him a preeminent figure in the realm of Third World debt restructuring….
Gordon W. Platt
The Journal of Commerce
BIG CLEARINGHOUSE WOULD BUY DEBT OF THIRD WORLD
Proposal for the registration and settlement of sovereign debt trades, and the settlement of public and private sector international trade and commerce, utilizing sovereign debt instruments. A central clearinghouse owned by the world’s banks could buy back Third World debt and invest in private-sector projects in developing countries on a massive scale.
SOLUTION PROPOSED TO WORLDWIDE DEBT CRISIS
8th August, 1991: By David P. Michaels for The Journal of Commerce
“THE PRIVATIZATION OF SOVEREIGN DEBT”
Proposes a cost-effective alternative to (official) debt ‘forgiveness’ offering a package of incentives for economically stimulating low-risk LDC investment.